2013 Business Partner Summit presentation
During WrestleMania Week, WWE presented the company's strategic plans at its annual Business Partner Summit.
Highlights from the Summit, found in the video above, include a discussion around market growth in key areas such as diversification of content, brand strength, global expansion, talent development and product innovation.
WWE’s senior management team spoke about these plans and highlighted the following:
- Company’s Financial Outlook, Launch of the WWE Network and International Expansion (George Barrios, Chief Financial Officer)
- Content Development and Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies (Michelle D. Wilson, Chief Marketing Officer)
- Social Media Development and Gamification (Perkins Miller, Executive Vice President, Digital Media)
- Expanding Content Beyond the Ring and Growing Social Media Presence and Second Screen Experience (Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, Creative)
- WWE Studio’s Strategy, Partnerships and Movie Slate for 2013-14 (Michael Luisi, President, WWE Studios)
- New Product Development and Strategies (Casey Collins, Executive Vice President, Consumer Products)
- Live Event Experience, Talent Development and Unveiling of WWE Performance Center (Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent and Live Events)
Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks relating to maintaining and renewing key agreements, including television and pay-per-view programming distribution agreements; the need for continually developing creative and entertaining programming; the continued importance of key performers and the services of Vincent McMahon; the conditions of the markets in which we compete and acceptance of the Company's brands, media and merchandise within those markets; our exposure to bad debt risk; uncertainties relating to regulatory and litigation matters; risks resulting from the highly competitive nature of our markets; uncertainties associated with international markets; the importance of protecting our intellectual property and complying with the intellectual property rights of others; risks associated with producing and travelling to and from our large live events, both domestically and internationally; the risk of accidents or injuries during our physically demanding events; risks relating to our film business; risks relating to increasing content production for distribution on various platforms, including the potential creation of a WWE network; risks relating to our computer systems and online operations; risks relating to the large number of shares of common stock controlled by members of the McMahon family and the possibility of the sale of their stock by the McMahons or the perception of the possibility of such sales; the relatively small public float of our stock; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated. In addition, our dividend is dependent on a number of factors, including, among other things, our liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan (including alternative uses of capital), our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends, general economic and competitive conditions and such other factors as our Board of Directors may consider relevant.