WWE Pulls Out All The Stops For RAW's 15th
The RAW 15th anniversary television special will celebrate 15 years of the ratings juggernaut’s dominance on cable television and across pop culture. Appearing on the special will be Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Trish Stratus, Mick Foley, Triple H, Undertaker, the McMahon Family and more.
RAW’s accomplishments within the television industry mark it as one of the most successful programs ever on cable. RAW is the longest running weekly fictional program in the United States by total number of episodes, beating such cultural TV touchstones as Gunsmoke, Lassie and Bonanza. Over 15 years RAW has increased its total viewers by 87 percent; a significant achievement on either broadcast or cable television.
To further celebrate the anniversary, WWE is utilizing all of its various media platforms to offer a wide array of promotions and make the most of this historic milestone:
- WWE.com, which currently receives more than 17 million unique visitors each month, is hosting a special RAW 15th micro site complete with feature editorials, photo galleries, trivia, artwork, video clips, and more.
- WWE Magazine will issue a special retrospective issue on December 31, reviewing and celebrating RAW’s amazing 15 year history.
- Via WWE Ringside exclusively on AT&T, fans can download Raw 15th anniversary videos.
- WWE Mobile will allow fans to download exclusive Raw 15th anniversary wallpapers, ring tones, and voice tones.
- WWEShop.com will feature a special “retro” t-shirt featuring RAW artwork.
- WWE’s music division will release a “Best of RAW Entrance Theme” CD in December, packed with classic theme music for various WWE RAW Superstars over the years.
- WWE’s VOD service, WWE 24/7™ On Demand, will allow fans to vote in a special poll throughout December to choose their favorite RAW episode of all time, which will then be replayed in January.
Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/
Media Contact: Gary Davis, 203-353-5066
Investor Contact: Michael Weitz, 203-352-8642
Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. ECW is a trademark of WWE Libraries, Inc. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include the conditions of the markets for live events, broadcast television, cable television, pay-per-view, Internet, feature films, entertainment, professional sports, and licensed merchandise; acceptance of the Company's brands, media and merchandise within those markets; uncertainties relating to litigation; risks associated with producing live events both domestically and internationally; uncertainties associated with international markets; risks relating to maintaining and renewing key agreements, including television distribution agreements; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated. In addition to these risks and uncertainties, our dividend is based on a number of factors, including our liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan, our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends and such other factors as our board of directors may consider relevant.