WWE has approximately 140 performers who are independent contractors, same as actors or actresses on television dramas, soaps or comedies. They do not have corporate responsibilities or duties. Each year, WWE receives thousands of inquiries from talent wanting to be considered for the WWE roster. Several WWE performers are incorporated, have agents and/or professional managers who handle contract negotiations with WWE. Additionally, many have accountants and/or financial advisors to oversee their finances and investments.
WWE’s Professional Development program for both Main Roster and Developmental talent focuses on four key pillars of development – Life Skills, Education, Wellness and Career Success.
- Life Skills: Provides talent with practical skills and solutions to manage their careers both in and out of the ring. Educational presentations and seminars help talent with decision making and the development of their personal brand.
- Education: Assists talent in reaching their full potential through programs that include financial education, college tuition reimbursement, language courses and media training.
- Financial Education – A partnership with Money Management International (MMI) is designed to provide talent with educational resources that offer them valuable financial insight to build a bright future. This includes budget counseling, debt control, goal setting, understanding financial values, saving, choosing a tax professional and choosing a financial advisor.
- Media Training – Provides talent with a comprehensive training program that focuses on understanding today’s media landscape, delivering key messages, tips and techniques for conducting interviews and the effective and appropriate use of social media. WWE’s Talent Media Training program is conducted in partnership with Kevin Sullivan Communications.
- Continuing Education – Offers tuition assistance to all active WWE talent for college level courses, certificate programs or language courses.
- Wellness: Through programs designed in collaboration with WWE’s Medical Team and Talent Relations department, talent receives relevant knowledge to aid their overall well-being and longevity. Seminars will provide information on living a healthy lifestyle as well as injury/illness prevention.
- Career Success: Designed to aid a talent’s progression within WWE and beyond, career success provides assistance to talent the NXT and main roster levels, as well as those transitioning to prepare for life after WWE. A comprehensive rookie orientation program provides new talent with all relevant WWE information, including wellness education, strength and conditioning, financial education, media training, social media and continuing education.
WWE also extends a Professional Development Program to former WWE Talent, and in some cases, their family members. This Professional Development Program aims to provide guidance and support beyond talent’s tenure with WWE.
WWE’s Professional Development Program for former talent focuses on two major initiatives- Financial Education and Continuing Education.
• Financial Education: WWE has partnered with Money Management International (MMI), the largest non-profit credit counseling agency in the country, to provide free Financial Education to former WWE Talent and their immediate family members.
• Continuing Education: WWE offers financial scholarships to former WWE Talent in the amount of $5,000 per calendar year to be used for obtaining a college degree or completing a certificate program.
To keep Former WWE Talent up-to-date with current WWE news, WWE distributes a digital “Alumni Newsletter” on a quarterly basis. The newsletter includes information on WWE news, archives, wellness, professional development and more.
Talent Health and Wellness
WWE's top priority is the health and wellness of our Superstars and Divas. WWE performers are the company's greatest asset - without our performers, WWE would not exist.
WWE Talent Wellness Program is administered independently by world renowned medical professionals and includes cardiovascular testing, ImPACT, testing for brain function, substance abuse and drug testing, annual physicals, and health care referrals. The performers are contractually responsible for securing their own insurance to cover everyday health maintenance and ailments. WWE does cover 100 percent of all costs associated with any in-ring related injuries and associated rehabilitiation.
The company's talent wellness program continues to evolve along with advances in medical science. The WWE Talent Wellness Program is unique in the entertainment industry and is considered to be as good as or better than the testing programs initiated by major sports leagues, government agencies and corporations.
The program has successfully identified health issues in our WWE Superstars that may never have been diagnosed if they had not undergone the various tests required by the program.